It is definitely a blue cheese with the associated strong smell. Keep that in mind, if you're not a fan of blue cheese, you might want to substitute another cheese for the Stilton.
I was tempted to buy a small crock of the cheese on a recent trip to England. My daughter bought one too, so another Stilton recipe can't be far behind.
Adapted from: Stilton Cheese Website
8 ounces (225g) egg noodles
4 ounces (113g) Stilton blue cheese with port, crumbled
1 cup (250ml) sour cream
1 egg, lightly beaten
pepper, to taste
parsley, for garnish
- Cook noodles in salted water according to package directions; drain.
- Return to pan and toss with cheese, sour cream, egg, and pepper.
- Cook over low hear until the egg is cooked.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
- Add additional sour cream if the noodles seem a little dry.